In analytical laboratories, preparing samples and standards for chromatographic analysis is time consuming, repetitive and error prone. Using a volumetric flask has many potential sources of error:
- Reading of the meniscus is subjective
- Are the pour and drain times sufficient?
- Is the flask used at the calibrated temperature (e.g. after sonication)?
Gravimetric diluent dispensing eliminates ALL of these indeterminate handling errors.
Benefits of Automated Liquid Dispensing
With the Quantos QLB automated liquid dispensing module on your XP analytical balance, you can make up precise and accurate concentrations at the touch of a button:
- Focus on the concentration you need – not on the size of volumetric flask you have available
- Gravimetric diluent dispensing has negligible measurement uncertainty
- Gravimetric measurements are more accurate than volumetric
- Amount of diluent delivered is precisely calculated from the weighed amount of solid and the concentration you request
Savings: Sample, Standard, Solvent, Cost
Typically 99% of prepared stock solutions are disposed of without being used. One of the main reasons is the limitation on the sizes of Class A volumetric glassware available. Gravimetric liquid dispensing is not constrained to such intervals.
With the Quantos QLB automated liquid dispensing module on your balance you can:
- Prepare your solution in any size target container
- Only make up the amount of solution that you require
- Eliminate the need for volumetric flasks and weighing papers
- Downscale but maintain compliance
This results in significant savings of solvent and substance which reduces waste and saves money.
Watch the Gravimetric Sample Preparation video: